Cosmetic Dentistry is a specialized branch of dentistry to restoring missing or damaged teeth to their previous aesthetic state. The primary objective of cosmetic dentists is the preservation of natural teeth as much as possible. They employ various procedures to achieve this goal while at the same time maintaining and improving the surrounding bone and gum tissues.
A smile lays a foundation for our personality, and in this, the teeth have a major role. The teeth play a very critical role when it comes to eating or communicating as well. Hence if you suffer from damaged, discolored, or missing teeth, it can leave a deep impact on your personal and professional life.
Cosmetic Dentistry procedures will augment the appearance of your teeth and smile. The damaged or missing teeth will be reinstated with cosmetic treatments such as veneers, artificial teeth, or other dental devices. Teeth whitening procedures also come under cosmetic treatments. Anything to do with getting a flawless smile comes under cosmetic dentistry.
What are some common Cosmetic Treatments?
- Bonding: It is an ideal solution for minor dental issues. If the front teeth have stains or are chipped due to an injury or clenching, bonding materials can fix the damaged tooth structure.
- Composite Fillings:Small cavities caused by decay can be covered with composite fillings. These filings are tooth-colored so that they blend with the natural tooth color. They help prevent further tooth decay by sealing off open cavities where the bacteria can enter.
- Dental Crowns:They help cover a damaged tooth. The crowns not only fix damaged tooth structure but also improve tooth function and cosmetic appearance. It is a fixed, non-removable prosthetic device that is cemented to the existing teeth.
- Dental Implants: They are designed to give a permanent solution to missing teeth. The implants which are surgically inserted bond with the jawbones naturally. It is a permanent and durable solution for teeth replacement, unlike dentures or bridges.
- Dentures:They are removable replacements for missing teeth. The traditional dentures are secured to the gums with mild adhesives and can be worn six-twelve weeks after having all the teeth extracted.
- Inlays and Onlays:Dental inlays are used when the damage to the tooth is within a cavity. Onlays are used when one or more ends of the tooth need to be replaced. The inlays and onlays are more durable than the regular tooth fillings and can offer better protection against recurrent decay. These restorations have to be fabricated in a dental lab.
- Invisalign: They are customized clear aligners that can move and straighten the teeth to achieve a more beautiful smile. It provides an alternative to the hideous metal braces as they are clear and invisible. It is a non-intrusive method to get a flawless smile with minimal lifestyle changes.
- Porcelain Veneers: It is one of the regular cosmetic procedures that can improve the appearance of your teeth and smile. The veneer procedure involves applying a fragile piece of porcelain to the tooth's surface to improve its size, color, and shape.
- Teeth Whitening:It is a procedure of removing stains from the tooth's surface and re-establishing the natural color of the teeth. It is a commonly adopted cosmetic procedure to make your teeth shine whiter and brighter. Advanced whitening procedures are reliable and give long-lasting results.
Call us at Bray Family Dental Clinic or schedule an online appointment to know more about Cosmetic Dentistry.